At Bayshore our team of professionals understands that medical testing can be a frightening experience for many people, so they are dedicated to putting you at ease throughout the process with timely, courteous, and efficient service.
Appointments are not necessary for most tests. However, you may need to fast, so please call the lab to verify any specific requirements for your test(s). A few frequent tests that require fasting are included below.
Preparing for Testing
- Please check with your insurance company for specific information regarding coverage.
- Please bring your physician orders and insurance card.
- Fasting is required for the following tests:
- Lipid profile
- Glucose Tolerance
- Vitamin B6
- Any other test if specified by your physician
- Fasting patients require a 12 hour fast, small amounts of water only.
- Medications should be taken as instructed by your physician.
When you arrive please proceed to the outpatient parking lot at the rear of the Hospital, we are conveniently located in the Ganz Pavilion. Please report to the outpatient registration desk with your physician orders and insurance card (you will be asked for your social security number). Once you are registered you will be asked to be seated until you are called for your blood work.
Most results are available the same day as testing. Some tests including bacterial cultures and those completed less frequently make take anywhere from three to five days. All results will be sent to your referring physicians. Results may be sent to additional physicians at the patient’s request.
- Bayshore Community Hospital
727 North Beers Street, Holmdel, NJ 07733
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 732-739-5955