About Our Laboratory Services
When you have a choice of laboratories, choose Bayshore Community Hospital.
Your testing will be performed by the same highly trained, nationally certified staff using the same technically advanced equipment that is used for our hospital inpatients. When you choose Bayshore Hospital Laboratory, your blood will be expertly drawn by our highly-experienced and courteous phlebotomy staff. Most results are available the same or next day. We perform 97% of all ordered tests at our own laboratory. You can trust our laboratory to perform your testing accurately with timely results.
We try to keep your time spent at Bayshore to less than 30 minutes, from registration to completion of your blood draw. Some times during the day are traditionally busier than others. Early mornings can be busy, with all of our fasting patients; other times later in the morning may be quicker if you are not required to fast.
The Outpatient Laboratory is accessible through the Outpatient Entrance at the rear of the Hospital. Free parking is provided at all times.
Patient Instructions for Lab Work
- Please check with your insurance company to make sure your outpatient lab services are covered if performed by Bayshore Community Hospital.
- Please bring your physician orders and insurance card.
- Fasting is required for the following tests:
- Lipid profiles
- Glucose Tolerance
- Vitamin B6
- Any other test if specified by your physician
- Fasting patients require a 12 hour fast, small amounts of water only.
- Medications should be taken as instructed by your physician.
What to Do Once You're Here
- Please report to the Outpatient Registration Desk, located inside the Outpatient Entrance in the rear of the hospital.
- Please have your physician orders and insurance card handy.
- You will be asked for your social security number.
- Once registered, you will be asked to have a seat until called for your blood work.
- We try to keep your time spent at Bayshore to less than 30 minutes, from registration to completion of your blood draw.
Your Lab Results
- Most testing is done on-site, so that routine chemistry, coagulation, hematology, and urinalysis results are normally available the same day.
- Bacterial cultures can take anywhere from 48-72 hours, depending on the organism growth.
- Tests not frequently requested are forwarded to a reference laboratory. These test results are usually available in 3-5 days.
- Preliminary results are available as the work is completed.
- Critical results are called in to your physician immediately.
- All results are mailed to your physician. If your physician is on staff, a copy is also left in his/her mailbox here in the hospital. Your physician may also have access from his/her office to the hospital information system. Results can be sent to an additional physician at your request.
- Results can be faxed to your physician at their request.
- Bayshore Community Hospital
727 North Beers Street, Holmdel, NJ 07733
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990.