About Our Minor Surgical Services
Convenient, Prompt Service for Minor Surgical Procedures
Treating patients requiring low-risk, minor surgical procedures needing only local anesthesia, Bayshore's Minor Surgery Unit offers expert, personalized service to area residents, making treatment expeditious for busy personal schedules.
Procedures can be completed with little time investment, while being performed in a sterile, technologically advanced environment, allowing patients to be on their way, quickly and safely.
Range of Services
Located adjacent to the main surgical operating room in Bayshore Hospital, the Minor Surgery Unit performs the following procedures, promptly and on-time, for the convenience of its patients:
- Eye Laser Treatments for glaucoma and secondary cataracts.
- Excision and Laser Removal of Skin Abnormalities such as lipomas, cysts, warts, lesions, small masses and tumors.
- Arthroplasty of Toes to repair deformed toe joints.
- Skin Grafts to aid in wound healing, particularly for diabetic foot ulcers and venous leg ulcers.
- Epidural Steroid Injections of corticosteroids into the area surrounding the spinal cord, to reduce pain and other symptoms caused by nerve inflammation and irritation.
- Lumbar and Cervical Facet Injections to reduce inflammation and provide pain relief caused by arthritis and injury.
- Radiofrequency Procedures to treat chronic back and spine pain.
State of the Art Equipment
With the latest, hospital-grade medical equipment accessible for the use of on-staff physicians, Bayshore offers superior facilities to those available in doctors' offices performing similar procedures:
- A cutting-edge hydrosurgery irrigation machine providing medical practitioners with the latest technology to irrigate lesions and remove damaged tissue while sparing viable tissue, all as part of the wound debridement process. The result for patients is often improved healing and reduced treatment time.
- A high-grade electrocautery machine for use in controlling bleeding and removing unwanted tissue during deep skin excisions.
- The latest ophthalmology microscopes, ensuring superior, and precise, laser treatment for Bayshore patients' eye care needs.
With superior patient satisfaction ratings, the Minor Surgery staff provides comprehensive pre- and post-operative care, including a thorough pre-op phone interview and continuous monitoring by a registered nurse throughout the procedure. Post-operative care is reviewed with each patient upon discharge, completing the cycle of fine medical service from the Bayshore Minor Surgery team.
Why Choose Bayshore?
With Bayshore's Minor Surgery Unit, patients are offered the convenience of an outpatient setting, yet with so much more:
- Sterile operating room setting
- Certified critical-care, registered nurses
- In-house pathology for biopsy analysis
- Hospital-grade equipment & instruments
- All machines inspected & maintained
- Assurance of knowing that the expanded services of Bayshore Community Hospital are on hand, in case of an unexpected medical emergency.
Expert Surgery Staff
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Plastic surgeons
- Pain management specialists
- Wound care physicians
- General surgeons
- Bayshore Community Hospital
727 North Beers Street, Holmdel, NJ 07733
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 732-739-5955