About Our Rehabilitation Services
Interdisciplinary Teamwork Optimizes Functionality
The multi-disciplinary rehabilitation team at Bayshore offers area residents a wide array of services to aid in healing of body, mind and spirit, all with the goal of helping patients achieve the highest possible state of health, physical functioning and independence.
Types of Therapy Available
The highly-trained, state-licensed therapists, working in conjunction with a patient's primary care physician, evaluate a patient's limitations and develop a customized plan of care to specifically address individual rehabilitation needs.
- Physical Therapy: After evaluating a patient's capabilities in physical functioning, movement, and pain, a skilled physical therapist will recommend a course of action to improve mobility. Therapies may include modalities, exercises and manual techniques, in addition to education in body mechanics and posture.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation: An innovative program unique to Bayshore, utilizes specially trained therapists employing techniques that aid patients with dizziness and balance difficulties hindering their ability to function and ambulate in the community.
- Occupational Therapy: Focusing on helping patients regain the skills needed for daily living, including grooming, bathing and dressing, the expert occupational therapists at Bayshore help patients adapt to their limitations, in order to live as independently as possible.
- Speech Therapy: Highly trained speech-language pathologists provide evaluation and treatment for adults who have speech, language or cognitive impairments, as well as oral-feeding or swallowing disorders. The modified barium swallow study is utilized to evaluate swallow function.
- Neurodiagnostic Testing: With the goal of determining the presence and extent of possible conditions affecting the central and peripheral nervous systems, the medical practitioners conduct an assortment of diagnostic tests, including Evoked Potentials, Electromyography (EMG), and Electroencephalogram (EEG).
- Aquatic Therapy: Combining aquatic exercise and physical therapy in a virtually weightless water environment, patients are able to work out and expedite healing, with reduced pain from movement.
- Continence Training: This program aims to help adults gain bladder control without surgery, using proven techniques such a pelvic muscle exercise, biofeedback, electrical stimulation and bladder retraining.
Two Convenient Locations
Located in two nearby facilities – at Bayshore Community Hospital and the Meridian Fitness & Wellness Center in Hazlet – healthcare professionals provide a variety of therapies geared toward improving quality of life.
Did You Know…
- that Bayshore's Rehabilitation Department employs cutting-edge equipment that can assess the sensory and voluntary movements involved with a patient's balance control?
- Few facilities in Central N.J. offer this high-tech system that helps retrain patients' movements to maximize balance control with less rehabilitation.
Multi-Specialty Medical Team:
- Board-certified neurologists, orthopedists, otolaryngologists, and radiologists
- State-licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists
- Bayshore Community Hospital, 727 North Beers Street, Holmdel, NJ 07733
- Meridian Fitness & Wellness, 1420 Highway 36, Hazlet, NJ 07730
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990.