Same Day Surgery
About Our Same Day Surgical Services
"Total Care" is Hallmark of Same Day Surgery Services
Expert and compassionate treatment of the "whole patient" - both physically and emotionally - is a distinguishing characteristic of the highly trained staff of Bayshore's Same Day Surgery Unit.
Designed to provide outpatient surgical services for patients who will go home on the same day as their surgery, the team of board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons and anesthesiologists work in four state-of-the-art operating rooms to offer Bayshore area residents medical expertise in the convenience of a close-to-home location.
Providing thorough pre-operative preparation and post-operative evaluation and education is the team of experienced registered nurses - recipients of national certification in Medical-Surgical Nursing from the American Nursing Association - who efficiently manage the Same Day Surgery Unit while always keeping in mind the total needs of each patient.
Breadth of Surgical Services
Working in cutting-edge operating rooms using the latest digital video-guided technology, the medical professionals at Bayshore provide the following procedures:
- General Surgery: colon and rectal surgery, gall bladder removal, hernia repair, removal of kidney stones via minimally-invasive surgery or treatments, thrombectomy, prostate surgery, radioactive seed implantation, sinus surgery, cataracts, adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy, lumpectomy, mastectomy, breast augmentation/reduction.
- Orthopedics/Podiatric: total hip replacement, full and partial knee replacement, joint and ligament repair, back and spinal surgery, hand and elbow surgery, spinal decompression, shoulder reconstruction, scoliosis treatment and surgery, bone and tendon grafts, bunionectomy, arthroscopic joint replacement of toes, tendon repair, arthroscopic surgeries of the knee, ankle, shoulder and wrist.
- Pain Management: epidurals, facet blocks, nerve blocks, kyphoplasty, dorsal column stimulator implants.
- Bariatrics: gastric bypass surgery, gastric banding.
Patient Education is Key
With an emphasis on patient knowledge regarding surgical procedures and the necessary post-operative healing requirements, the Same Day Surgery nursing team provides personal instruction both prior to and following surgery. Patients are educated about what to expect after surgery, how to properly care for themselves, and provided with information regarding their discharge medications.
If deemed necessary, physical rehabilitation and/or social services support may be recommended for additional at-home assistance.
Same Day Surgery At-a-Glance
Bayshore provides start-to-finish diagnostic and surgical services, all in one convenient, accessible location — features not available at off-site ambulatory surgical centers:
- Diagnostic imaging tests provided by highly-accomplished radiologists, nurses and radiology technologists
- Knowledge and experience of board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons
- Video-guided surgical technologies in leading-edge operating rooms
- Pre and post-operative care from experienced registered nurses
- Overnight stay, if needed, with no ambulance transfer required
- Peace-of-mind in knowing that the resources of a full-service hospital are on hand, in the case of an unexpected medical emergency
- Follow-up rehabilitation therapy or at-home care services are available
- Bayshore Community Hospital
727 North Beers Street, Holmdel, NJ 07733
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990.