Cancer Care Center
About Our Cancer Care & Treatment Services
Cancer Care, Close to Home.
With an oncology and cancer program recognized for its excellence by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons — an achievement reached by only one in four cancer care programs at hospitals across the U.S. — Bayshore hospital, located in Holmdel NJ (Monmouth County), provides comprehensive cancer treatment in a comfortable, relaxed cancer center, right around the corner from home.
Working from the state-of-the-art Michael J. Ganz Infusion Suite, the multispecialty cancer care services team consists of board-certified medical oncologists, certified oncology nurses, chemotherapy pharmacists, diagnostic technologists, dieticians, pastoral care representatives and other medical technicians, all of whom follow national guidelines for cancer treatment while providing understanding, compassionate attention to every patient.
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Providing a continuum of cancer care, from diagnosis through cancer treatment, is a top priority for the medical practitioners at Bayshore hospital, with these cancer services being offered:
- High-technology diagnostic testing, including PET/CT scan, digital mammography, MRI, breast MRI
- Biopsy procedures including stereotactic breast biopsy
- Team-based case management
- Cancer surgery
- Outpatient and inpatient chemotherapy
- Nutritional and genetic counseling
- Cancer rehabilitation services
- At-home assistance through Meridian-At-Home services
Outpatient Infusion Services
A breadth of cancer treatment procedures are available to patients requiring frequent infusions of medications, all provided in the soothing, natural light-filled comfort of the Infusion Suite:
- Blood and platelet transfusions
- Intravenous antibiotics
- Treatments for anemia and low calcium
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Medications for various blood disorders
The Infusion Suite features private rooms with flat screen TVs and Internet access for patients' convenience. Educational resources are also available on-site in the Resource Room for easy patient reference.
What Should Patients Expect from a CoC-Approved Program?
With its recognition from the Commission on Cancer (CoC), Bayshore guarantees the following to its oncology hospital patients:
- Comprehensive cancer care using state-of-the-art procedures and equipment
- Multidisciplinary team approach to ensure optimum cancer treatment outcome
- Access to cancer-related resources, education and support
- Information regarding ongoing clinical trials and new cancer treatment options
- A registry that collects data on types, stages and treatments of cancer
The Cancer Care Team
- Board-certified oncologists
- Nationally certified oncology nurses
- Experienced oncology pharmacists
- Certified diagnostic technologists
- Knowledgeable dieticians
- Expert medical technicians
- Compassionate pastoral care providers
Bayshore offers the Healing Helpers Support Group for individuals coping with chronic cancer disease. Meets Thursday from 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the Infusion Suite on 4 East in Bayshore Community Hospital. For more information or to register please call 732-739-5832.
- Bayshore Community Hospital, 727 North Beers Street, Holmdel, NJ 07733
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990.